Looking for ideas to create a space your kids will love? A child’s room is the perfect place to explore imaginative ideas, from an ark-shaped bookshelf to butterfly wallpaper to neon bed frames. That’s as unique as your kids are (and as tidy as you’d like them to be). Here are 55 examples from the AD archives to provide inspiration for your child’s next Bed for room update.
- In the daughter’s Bed for room of a Bahamian home decorated by Miles Redd, the floral Paule Marrot wallpaper is by Brunschwig & Fils.
- Artemide wall lamps flank a print by Sam Francis in the son’s room of a Manhattan apartment by Vicente Wolf; the headboard is sheathed in a VW Home wool, the bed linens are by Restoration Hardware, and the side table at right is by Room & Board.
- In a Manhattan apartment by Annabelle Selldorf, Tristan, the homeowners’ son, is joined in his room by his sister, Emma, and their dog, Cookie; the bed is by De La Espada, and the drawing table is by Ducduc.
First 8 examples from the interior4you archives to provide inspiration for your child’s next Bed for room update.
At decorator Sara Story’s Texas home, de Gournay wallpaper lines daughter Dagny’s room; the vintage chair is covered in a Josef Frank linen from Svenskt Tenn.
- Stripes of Benjamin Moore white and blue paints enliven a daughter’s Bed for room in a California home decorated by Miles Redd; the curtains are trimmed with a Samuel & Sons border, and an Alan Campbell pattern covers the chairs, ottoman, and bench.
- Design studio Hammer and Spear collaborated with PSS Design Cult to devise an arklike storage unit for the son’s room in a Los Angeles home; the crib is by RH Baby & Child.
- In the daughter’s room of a home by Thom Filicia in New York’s Adirondack Mountains. A Cavern wallpaper adds a woodsy note; the vintage beds are painted in a Benjamin Moore green. The sconces are by the Urban Electric Co., and the carpet is a Matthew Williamson design for the Rug Company.
- In Kourtney Kardashian’s Martyn Lawrence Bullard–designed California home. A neon light installation is mounted above daughter Penelope’s bed, which is topped with an Hermès throw.
- In the same home, Kardashian’s son Reign’s Bed for room features ikat curtains and a shag carpet.
- In the same home, an Eero Aarnio Bubble chair hangs in son Rex’s room; the David Hicks hexagon wallpaper is by Cole & Son.
In publishing-world powerhouses Pilar Guzmán and Chris Mitchell’s Hamptons weekend home. The boys’ room is outfitted with Muji beds, an RH ceiling light, and Ralph Lauren Home sconces.
Nex 6 examples from the interior4you archives to provide inspiration for your child’s next Bed for room update.
- A Quadrille toile fabric and wallpaper envelop one of the children’s rooms in a Southampton. New York, beach house decorated by David Netto. The furnishings include a Room & Board bunk bed, vintage Poul Kjærholm armchairs from Dansk Møbelkunst Gallery, and a Stark carpet; the portrait is of one of the homeowners’ grandfathers.
- Shelton, Mindel & Associates created this cheerful children’s room for the homeowners’ grandchildren; the yellow racing stripes and pair of matching CB2 stools provide an unexpected pop of color. (November 2012).
- Interior designer Peter Dunham created a whimsical children’s room in the Beverly Hills, California, home of film producer Steve Tisch. The hand-carved canopy bed is from Hollywood at Home, Dunham’s Los Angeles shop, and the headboard is upholstered in a vintage suzani. (June 2011)
- Talent agent Kevin Huvane enlisted designer Michael S. Smith and Ferguson & Shamamian Architects to update his historic Beverly Hills, California, residence. His teenage son Declan’s Bed for room, which includes a colorful collection of sports paraphernalia, has a refined yet laid-back look. (July 2012)
- The bunk Bed for room in a Hamptons, New York, guesthouse by architects Leroy Street Studio and designer Thad Hayes provides plenty of space for visiting family and friends. The color – blocked Nurseryworks bunk beds pack.
The Steinman House, built in 1956 in Malibu. California, by architects Craig Ellwood and Jerrold Lomax, was restored by designer Michael Boyd for a young family. The children’s room features a midcentury masterpiece of its own—a George Nelson Marshmallow sofa by Herman Miller, which is grouped with a cowhide rug and a trio of Jasper Morrison cork stools. (June 2011)
Additional 6 examples from the interior4you archives to provide inspiration for your child’s next Bed for room update.
- In a Manhattan apartment decorated by David Kleinberg, the clients’ Siamese cat, Emma, poses on the daughter’s bed, which is dressed with embroidered bedding by Leontine Linens. A Quadrille toile de Jouy enlivens the walls and duvet. (June 2011)
- Built by architecture firm McAlpine Tankersley, the Napa Valley, California, residence of Rela and Don Gleason includes a children’s guest room that features a chalet-style box bed nicknamed the Heidi Nook—a popular spot among the couple’s visiting grandchildren. (November 2011)
- In an Aspen, Colorado, vacation house that combines classic lodge and Craftsman styles, Arthur Chabon created a girl’s room that embodies the all-American spirit of both. On one wall, a collection of artful crescent moons, miniature wooden chairs, and framed family photos add a personal touch. (December 2007)
- In Darcy Miller Nussbaum’s home, David Mann placed an Anthropologie lit à la polonaise fit for a princess in the center of a daughter’s room. (February 2012)
- In a 19th-century Manhattan townhouse, Leroy Street Studio carved out space on the attic level for a multifunctional boys’ room. Decorator Christine Markatos Lowe furnished the room with bunk beds and desks by Nurseryworks and a custom-made sectional sofa by Vladimir Kagan. (December 2012)
Adman Donny Deutsch tapped Tony Ingrao and Randy Kemper to create a striking New York townhouse that would highlight his impressive art collection. In a daughter’s room, however, the gallery-like environment was amended to favor all things pink—including fabrics from Osborne & Little and Designers Guild, a side chair from Profiles, and a Stark carpet. (October 2011)
Nex 5 examples from the interior4you archives to provide inspiration for your child’s next Bed for room update.
- For Marc Jacobs president Robert Duffy’s Manhattan townhouse, decorator Richard McGeehan conjured a fanciful retreat for the homeowner’s daughter. A trompe l’oeil tented ceiling by artist Matt Austin, an elaborate sleigh bed, and a menagerie of stuffed comrades outfit the space. (October 2012)
- Publishing executive Robert E. Abrams and his wife, Cynthia Vance, called on Joel Barkley of Ike Kligerman Barkley Architects to craft a sophisticated. Barn-inspired retreat in upstate New York. In the bedroom of the couple’s young son, a tapestry version of Robert Indiana’s Love is the focal point of a custom-made ash bed/storage unit. (June 2012)
- In a Bel Air, California, mansion designed by Kelly Wearstler. A girl’s bedroom gets a dose of glamour with a graphic wall covering by Porter Teleo. A Paul Evans four-poster clad in mirror, and a custom-made carpet by the Rug Company. (January 2013)
- The children’s playroom in architect Benedikt Bolza’s Italian farmhouse features a spiral wood staircase and a large dollhouse. A custom-made bunk bed by A Great Find stands in a children’s guest room of decorator Pauline Pitt’s Aspen, Colorado, chalet.
- Children’s chairs by Arne Jacobsen for Fritz Hansen surround a table in the playroom of decorator Laura Santos’s Manhattan townhouse. The sofa is by Ligne Roset, the teak cabinetry is by Poliform, and the curtains and pillows are made of a Clarence House fabric.
Nex 5 examples from the interior4you archives to provide inspiration for your child’s next Bed for room update.
- A ceiling light created by interior designer Celerie Kemble oversees the children’s playroom in her Dominican Republic home. The furniture is upholstered in Dutch-wax prints from AKN Fabrics, and the orange rug is from Nomadic Trading Co.
- A vestibule in the children’s wing of the Los Angeles home of design duo Alexandra von. Furstenberg and Dax Miller features a Ron Arad rocking chair and Von Furstenberg’s acrylic console.
- Wallpaper by Marthe Armitage animates the ceiling of one of the children’s rooms in this eclectic Houston mansion decorated by Miles Redd. From the Condé Nast Collection and Oscar de la Renta Home for Century Furniture pagoda canopies.
- An Andy Warhol Mickey Mouse print hangs in one of the children’s rooms of Tommy Hilfiger’s vibrant Miami home designed by Martyn Lawrence Bullard. The walls are striped with a Benjamin Moore red, and the bed is upholstered in a Manuel Canovas fabric; the adjoining bath has a scratch-and-sniff banana wall covering by Flavor Paper.
- The nursery in designers Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent’s Manhattan home is clad in wallpaper by Apparatus and Zak + Fox; the crib is by RH Baby & Child, and the black-and-white rug is by Caitlin Wilson.
Exclusive 4 examples from the interior4you archives to provide inspiration for your child’s next Bed for room update.
- Ellen Pompeo’s Los Angeles nursery is furnished with feather headdresses from Nickey Kehoe. A Pierre Jeanneret child’s chair from JF Chen, and a carpet from the Rug Company. The actress collaborated with decorator Martyn Lawrence Bullard to design the eclectic space.
- Wall coverings by Hinson & Co. (on the ceiling) and Phillip Jeffries (on the walls) animate a child’s room in Brooklyn brownstone designed by Nick Olsen; the picture light and swing-arm sconce are both from Circa Lighting.
- In the same home, two of the family’s children share a room lined with a Sandberg wallpaper from Stark;
- A children’s room springs to life with a vivid Osborne & Little wallpaper in the New York home of contractor Nicholas S.G. Stern and his wife, Courtney, an interior designer.
You will get the head of the child next 4 examples from the interior4you archives. To provide inspiration for your child’s next Bed for room update.
- At the New York townhouse of Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka, their son’s room is anchored by a by an RH Baby & Child bunk bed and enlivened by a Flash Gordon lithograph and a Keith Haring chair by Vilac; the Roman shade is of a DwellStudio fabric for Robert Allen, and the carpet is by Safavieh.
- At Laure Heriard Dubreuil and Aaron Young’s New York City townhouse, the walls in son Marcel’s room are painted in a Donald Kaufman blue (DKC-104), the dresser is by RH Baby & Child, the chair near the window is by Max Lamb, and the Roman shades are of a striped Boussac fabric in different colorways.
- At the Los Angeles home of designer Brigette Romanek. The chair is by Gaetano Pesce.
- Whimsical prints of insects and birds flank. A framed Hermès scarf in the daughter’s room of Jenni Kayne’s house in Beverly Hills, California; the butterfly ceiling installation is by Maurice Harris of Bloom & Plume, the birdcage light fixture is by Mathieu Challières, and the Turkish Tulu rug is from Nathan Turner.
Material provided by the site: architecturaldigest/